How We Work
We have designed a streamlined application process that provides timely feedback at every stage.
After each step of the application, we’ll also be seeking your feedback so we can incorporate your suggestions and continue to improve our process and your experience.
The application has three steps. At each step, you will be notified of your eligibility to continue to the next part of the process.
Learn more about the steps to apply for funding below.
SMOs benefit from “a simpler, more supportive application process with greater guidance and direction.”
— ICN and CCIC Report, 2018
Step 1: Eligibility
Complete the online eligibility form. You will be notified immediately if you are eligible to move to Step 2.
Step 2: Concept Note
If eligible, you will be invited to submit a Concept Note at a later date (Intake 1: July 22, 2019). Once Concept Notes are reviewed, those that show the most promise will be invited to submit a full Proposal.
Step 3: Proposal
If your Concept Note is selected to move forward, you will be asked to submit a full Proposal. Top proposals will be offered funding to test their innovative solutions.
What you can expect
As a new fund, we anticipate making some adjustments to our process as we learn from our experience and gather feedback from SMOs.
We are aiming to respond to applicants according to the timelines listed below. We intend to have two concept note intakes per year, and we will announce those dates as they are decided.
- Eligible applicants will have 8 weeks to submit a Concept Note.
- Concept Notes will be reviewed and selected within 5-6 weeks.
- If your Concept Note is selected, you will have 6-8 weeks to submit a full proposal.
- Proposals will be reviewed and successful applicants will be notified of decision.
- After each step of the application process, we will send you a brief survey to provide feedback on your experience.
- You will receive clear communication and updates throughout the application process, including webinars to answer common questions.
First Funding Call
|Concept Note Deadline||July 22, 2019|
|Concept Note Decisions||September 15, 2019|
|Proposal Deadline||October 31, 2019|
|Funding Decisions||December 2019|
|Implementation Period||6 – 15 months|
|Reports||During and after implementation period|
Note that all dates are subject to change.
Second funding call expected in Fall 2019.
As the first round progresses, we will announce dates for the next intake.
Sign up for updates from FIT